Does anyone know how to cook pollack?

I have some here and have NO clue how to cook it. I have bare essentials right now and don't have time to go to the store tonight.

emtmommyamanda

Asked by emtmommyamanda at 6:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I love pollack. Last time I made it I didnt have much on hand, so I baked it with balsamic vinegar dressing, potatoes and onions in the oven. It was delicious and fast. It was like butter, it melted in my mouth. Even my girls loved it!! BOth of them!
    411operator

Answer by 411operator at 11:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Throw it in the oven with some seasonings and butter, or coat it with salt and pepper and flour and fry it... I love pollock it tastes kinda like cod...very mild.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You can dredge it in either seasoned flour or seasoned corn meal and fry it, or even better, make a batter and fry it. The batter is easy enough:
    * 3/4 cup flour
    * 2 tablespoons cornstarch
    * 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    * 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    * 3/4 teaspoon salt
    * 3/4 cup water

Sift dry ingredients together and then add water. Mix until smooth. Pat fish dry with paper towels. Dip fish into batter allowing excess batter to drip off. Fry fish 5 to 6 minutes in deep fryer at 375 degrees.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2008