How can we get rid of this cough?

DH is at home with my 5 year old SS who can not stop coughing. We have given him some cough/cold medicine, tea w/lemon, and we had him gargle some salt water. Still coughing.

He has no fever, no congestion, no phlegm... His cough sounds more like a tickle you get sometimes.
Doctor won't see him until Friday and we don't have the co-pay for an urgent care visit.
Any suggestions?

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It could be allergies. have you tried benedryl?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have heard that whooping cough is going around so be careful about that. Read up on the signs and symptoms. If it is not seen early enough it can be fatal. It may also be the onset of asthma. I was five when I was diagnosed with it.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Thanks tootoobusy. I was thinking allergies but didn't know if coughing was an allergy symptom or not. He's on his way to the pharmacy right now to get some benedryl.
    mz_erica03

Comment by mz_erica03 (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• give him peppermint. it always helps when my daughters have a cough.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 7:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2010