DS calls my boyfriend daddy..

My DS is 2 and lately he has started calling my boyfriend daddy, it doesnt bother my boyfriend or me, but I dont want DS confused. He sees his biological father every other saturday and sees my boyfriend almost everyday. Should I correct him when he calls him daddy? Is it okay for him to call him daddy? He still calls his bio father daddy too. What would you do? Any advice or anything?

I would like to add, my boyfriend and I are in a serious relationship and plan to stay together long term. He loves my son like his own, I'm just not sure how this works..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Thats a tough one. I think you have to do what everybody is comfortable with including his bio. But if you decide to talk to him about it dont make him feel like its wring he obviously loves your bf.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 1:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would come up with a different name for your bf, my friend's son calls his gf ma mere (step mom in french) or just use his name, I would think that the bio dad might not feel good about your son calling someone else daddy
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010