so some of you believe you are born with a gay gene? ...

would it be crazy to think with the gay community increasing that maybe the government has something to do with it for population control. i mean..doctors are now able to remove this so called "gay gene"...how hard would it be for a doctor to give a fetus a gay gene? I know its impossible for babies already developing in the uterus (i think)..but what about IVF babies..it could start with them. or do i watch too much sci-fi

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• you watch too much sci-fi
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• HAHA!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• LOL! I'm going with "you watch too much sci-fi"!!!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 1:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think you watch WAY too much sci-fi!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Technically anything is possible right. However the probability of anything like that happening with the moral issues and humane values, is extremely low. I do not think anything would be going on like that.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• In Bio-Psych we learned about research they were doing that said something to the effect that they found a protein gene something in MALE fetuses that seems to have an effect on sexuality. Last I heard they hadnt confirmed it, it was still in the intense research process....They hadnt seen anything in female fetuses but its something that can be found right around the time when the sex's start to become identifiable. But Do i think there is a literal GENE that we could pick out and plant and affect sexuality one way or another, NOPE! And I would hope no one would ever try to take control that far!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It's an interesting theory, but I don't think that's what is happening. But, you never know.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think you watch too much sci fi :-)
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I find it somewhat offensive that you refer to homosexuality as some form of recessive gene that could and should be remedied.

Orientation is not a choice.

Personally, I dislike penning down sexuality and orientation in such definitive terms as homosexual, heterosexual, etc........people are people and their sexuality is their own business. Can't we just learn to respect that?
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You are crackers!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010