For you 2nd timers... was the 2nd pregnancy easier or harder than your first?

I'm preggy with my 2nd and although I'm still having a very smooth pregnancy, I find myself noticably more uncomfortable than last time. I don't know if it's that I was so high on being pregnant that everything was rainbows & butterflies last time, but this time I'm DEFINITELY having more trouble breathing, I get winded so easily and it just seems like the easiest task takes everything out of me. :(

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• WAY easier for me!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My back hurt WAY more with my second but overall the pregnancy and labor were way easier with my second. Good luck!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• they were both "difficult" but in different ways..had morning sickness with both, my dd was low so my lower back and pelvis hurt alot, my ds was high so it was hard to breathe...had heartburn with both too
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My second was harder, my hips and joints hurt so bad I couldn't sit for more than ten minutes, I couldn't stand for more than ten minutes. Forget about turning over after being asleep, I was like a beached whale in a world of hurt.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My heartburn got so bad with my 1st that I actually puked a few times. :( I have heartburn this time too but not as bad... I just can't breathe!!! I eat like 3 bites of food and I'm stuffed to the point I feel like I'm going to pop! ...AND I"M ONLY 26 WEEKS!! YIKES!!
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• For sure easier only cause I knew what to expect etc.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 1:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My first pregnancy was a breeze, my second pregnancy was horrible. I was on constant pain from about 4months on. I also was extremely emotional. My third pregnancy was easy. I was more tired, but it was easy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Second was much worse.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My second pregnancy was much harder, but that was because I had complications with that pregnancy (borderline placenta previa which separated from the wall of the uterus and caused a whole lot of bleeding, bedrest, restrictions on lifting, etc.) However, my second delivery was LOADS easier, and my third pregnancy was actually easier than the first two.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I had terrible heartburn with both pregnancies but my second one was WAY easier
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 1:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010