Have you met many Maya's?

I have met a couple, but I really like the name anyway.

And which spelling do you like best?

Thanks in advance for your input. But PLEASE, I'm not asking your opinion whether you like the name or not..... because I do.

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Baby Names

• I have not met many but I love the name. There is another spelling for it from the netherlands. It's Maija. Pronounced the same way as maya.

Answer by at 1:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• my dd's little friend's name is maya
    i like the spelling mya

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I do know a Maya, I think it's a beautiful name. I would go with the spelling "Maya" because it sounds like it's spelled, that way she won't have to correct people all the time ;)

Answer by Scuba at 1:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes, quite a few- my dh's family is Indian and it's a common Sanskrit name (it means 'illusion'), and then I have three friends with babies named Maya. Two spell it 'Maya' (this is the way I'm most familiar with because it's the Sanskrit spelling) and one spellia it Miah.

Answer by Freela at 1:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I grew up having a close friend named Maya. Since that time I can't say that I've run into another, how strange!

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I know of 4 in my kids' school, ranging from 6-12 in age Three are Maya. The other is Myah.

I have always loved the name.

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I dont know if Ive ever met a Maya, but I prefer it spelled Mya. Its cute either way though! GL

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 2:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I know of one Maya, my best friend's 6 yr old is named Maya

Answer by MizLee at 2:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I know 2 mayas both spell it differently and they are both young children, must be popular now a days

Answer by BabeeOnBoard at 2:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have only met a few. I like Mya

Answer by coolassmom87 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010