Do you show favor to one child over another. (not meaning to) Because one is better behave?

Sky_Mom

Asked by Sky_Mom at 1:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• It may look like it to the one that has a different personality. One is a conflict avoider, soft, laid back. The other one is a firecracker wrapped in dynamite. He needs way more guidance and discipline. Love them both more than words though.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• NO , I know some parents who do, not sure if they know it or not........my boys are young and very different but they are still both mine and I love and treat them the same!!!!!
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 1:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• if i do, its completely unintentional. ive always felt that people might think i favor my middle child the most, and the fact is, i love my children all the same, but she suffered a brain injury at 4 months, in which i alone stayed with her 24/7 in the hospital for 7 straight days, held her threw all the vomiting and seizing, then she got sick a few weeks ago and probably has asthma. she will be two next month. not to mention she stayed in my belly 3 weeks past my due date, so i believe she's always wanted to be as close to me as possible. i do not favor her more.. i just have a "soft-spot" toward her for all the medical problems she suffered. but she still gets the same treatment and same mommy love as my two other kids!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I get along with all 4 of my kids in different ways..they are all loved the same but my 3rd child is the one I the closest to
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It prob. just seems like that because you are giving one more negative attention then the other. I would just jump at every opportunity to give the misbehaving one as much positive attention, when you get the chance :-)
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Let's be honest, easy kids are well...easier. Doesn't mean I love one more than another. I love all 5 of my children equally, but for different reasons as they are different people.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2010