A few questions For those who have to share visits with their kids dad, but live in different cities

Do you meet halfway and do the drop off/pick up?

or does he come all the way to pick up/drop off?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• We are an hour and half away from the other parent and one parent always takes the kids and the other brings them back. Sometimes we alternate who takes and who brings back but we always split the driving.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 4:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It really depends what the visitation orders say. In my situation, we where supposed to meet halfway. But then again, he was supposed to take them for the whole weekend and he only takes them for Saturday night. My ex lives in the same city now, so its a lot easier now that he is local. He will even go pick up the kids from school functions and stuff if Im working.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We are on the dad side.
    When it first started, they picked a point halfway. Then dad moved further away but kept the same spot.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• my court order said the 'father' was suposed to come all the way to get my son but he sent his grandparents, then moved about 5 minutes down the road from me and now nobody comes.. oh well their loss.. lol
    Roo_momof2

Answer by Roo_momof2 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We meet halfway. Unless I have no gas then he comes here to drop off or pick up.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My ex went in the military and now lives out of state, in our state the person who moves out of state is responsible for transportation, which I think is the fairest way to do it.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010