LABOR

I AM SCHEDULED FOR A C-SECTION ON THE 17 OF NOVEMBER, AND I WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD GO INTO LABOR BEFORE THIS DATE, WILL THEY STILL DO THE C-SECTION BECAUSE I AM SUPPOSED TO HAVE MY TUBES TIED ONE TIME?

niekitta

Asked by niekitta at 6:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would assume they would still give you the c-section if you are supposed to have it. Lots of women go into labor and still have c-sections. Time is getting close for you! Good luck!
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• my sister went into labor 2wks before her scheduled c-sec and they still gave her one.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:35 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes they will still perform the c-section if you go into labor early. I am scheduled for a c-section on December 22nd (a week before my actual due date) and my doctor assured me that this date was set in stone "unless [I] go into labor earlier", in which case they will still perform a c-section.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It depends on why you're having a c-section. I was scheduled for a section today...but she turned the right way and is engaged at this point so my doctor cancelled it. I'm also having my tubes tied, but he said that's not reason enough for a c-section since the incisions are so drastically different. I'll go back after 3 weeks to have them tied. If I would have had a section today he would have tied them immediately.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 7:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2008