If you had the choice and chance to would you homeschool your child?

BabeeOnBoard

Asked by BabeeOnBoard at 2:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in

• Yes, but only one two conditions .. Both being seperate situations.

1. If I could travel with my family around the country/US giving them a first hand experience to the world, definately. I want my children to experience culture, history, science, etc by ineracting with it (as much as possible), so they can dive into learning without hesitation.

2. If I had resources for peer interaction. Whether community sports leagues, clubs, or even groups of other home schooled kids to meet with. Peer interaction is very important, so my kids would have to have some sort of outlet to get out and interact before I homeschooled them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We are considering it, I would like to be the one teaching them, and teaching them my values, I feel public school misses out on a lot education wise. But Im afraid that they will feel like they really missed out on something. I would of course make sure that they were part of the homeschool group nearby, and put them in many other activities, but I still feel like they would be missing out on an experience. So we are debating right now on what to do, we still have a few years to decide at least.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 2:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would!! I would love to be able to homeschool my son. I love the school he is going to now and think they are doing a good job with him, but I would love to be able to do it myself. Up until a certain age anyway, after that I would be teaching myself as much as him and I don't think that would work. I would love to be able to teach at his pace, which is faster than school is going, and give him more hands on time and feild trips so he could see things working in life and apply it to his lessons.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I already do, and I love it. You don't need a whole lot of money to make sure your children have the social interaction that they need. There are plenty of things you can get your children involved in that are free. Also this way I can make sure that they are doing their school work, I can monitor who they associate themselves with, I can make sure they are getting the proper nutrition and I know they are not being bullied. Also the parents aren't being the teachers the teachers are being the teachers the parents are their to ensure that the work is being done and that it is correct and if your child is struggling they offer tutoring as well as public schools does. They are learning everything they should be accordingly the only difference is that they are at home learning it.
    a.mariemomto3

Answer by a.mariemomto3 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• no,we need to be apart sometimes. 24/7 with him wouldn't be good for either of us

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Nope. Only way I would even consider it, would be if the schools in our are were horrible, and ther was no possible way to move or tuition in. it would be an absolute last resort
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• No, I wouldn't... I want my son to have the total "school experience", plus I know I just don't have the patience it takes to be a teacher. Nothing against people who do it, mind you, just not my thing.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would love to have the opprotunity, for the extra time with them and the values I KNOW they would be learning, but no, because I honestly don't have the patience.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• what jazz said
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I love my DD's but I do not want to be around them 24/7. And I am not qualify to teach kids, school stuff. I believe people with a teaching degree should teach people/kids.

Answer by louise2 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010