What are your thoughts on public schooling?

BabeeOnBoard

Asked by BabeeOnBoard at 2:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in

• My personal view.

Like anything else in life.. It is what you make it. A person can achieve greatness with a public shool education, if THEY make the choice to take full advantage of that education, learn everything they can, explore/advance and progress... A person can recieve the most expensive private edx=ucation in the world and achieve nothing if they do not take advantage of the education offered them.

The type of school a child goes to, in the long run, does not matter nearly as much as: how much effort that child chooses to put into their education and how much effort a parent chooses to put into their child's education.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have no problem with it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We have great public schools in the area. and we can go to any school in state for little or no tuition if you are not happy with your district.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Not a fan
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have mixed feelings about it.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Public schools sucks, now more than ever. My kids went to private schools and it is the best money I ever spent!

Answer by older at 2:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• No problem with it. It provides training for the real world.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• They are not the right choice for my kids. Our local elementary school was just not impressive and my speech delayed kid would have been lost. My kids are in private school until 8th grade. After that they will shadow at a couple of public schools and we will chose what they will do together. DS1 is leaning heavily towards a high school of science and technology and I can see it being a perfect fit.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• depends on your area and to be honest my Husband went to a private school who taught him nothing about the real world and how to get scholorships for school nad kicked him out and withheld his transcripts his senior year all because his dad failed to pay the tuition! I went to absolutely horrible public schools but they emphasised going to college and how to go when you dont have alot of money and how to get scholorships. Like the above poster it is all about what you make of it. My husbands very prestegious private school failed to help me out when he was bored in class and just labeled him as a trouble maker and ignored him because he aced his tests but didnt do homework and slept in class. The school didnt care about him they just cared about the money they were getting. My public school would have saw that he needed to be in advanced honors classes.
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 2:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• in some ways its good some ways not so good! It does open your eyes to the real world, but i think teacher don't always have control over there classes (high school) and it can be hard to teach/learn!
    not sure if private school is any better i should hope so since you pay for it!
    and home schooling not sure about either, do they get the social interaction they need?
    I went to public school and my kids are to small for school still?
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 2:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2010