how long is too long for my 4year old to take a nap?

As of right now she takes about a 2 and a half hour nap along with erh 7 month old brother.... I feel like i should let sleep until she wakes yet, at the same time she seams to missing out on actives with the other kids that live in the house.....

I.heart.Spencer

Asked by I.heart.Spencer at 6:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd say that's still fine.
    Maybe shorten it by half an hour and see how she does, but she does need the rest. The 3 year old I watch naps anywhere from 1 -2 1/2 hours, and his 6 year old sister even takes a nap once in awhile.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 6:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I wish my four year old would take a nap. I think you are blessed.
    Anadmarie

Answer by Anadmarie at 8:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If she takes it and goes to sleep fine at night, she needs it.
    Remember, if she is overtired, not only is she cranky, she won't learn anything from those activities she is missing. She won't really enjoy them either.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Oh your so lucky that she takes a nap my son just turned 4 and hasn't taken naps in 6 months, I wish he would because he has a bad attitude by the 3 or 4 in the afternoon. 2 hours is enough I think for her.
    Deb79

Answer by Deb79 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If the child is able to sleep at bed time let them nap until they wake up ! The body knows what it needs .
    h2obare

Answer by h2obare at 7:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2008