Did you ever think having children would mean you would loose or misplace so many things?

I don't know what is going on, but in the last couple months I have literally lost health insurance cards and now my resume. I had the resume out 3 weeks ago for my hubby to copy the format. The next day my 2 yr old was making an art project out of it. I put it up from him and now I can't find it. And of course, when we got a new computer for whatever reason my original resume didn't copy over. So I spent a nice hour last night trying my best to replicate it....ending in tears.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 2:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm so glad it's not just me! Every body I know thinks I'm just lazy or crazy. But this was never nearly so much of a problem before. They move things. They throw things out (well, not much since I watch them, but you can't always watch all 3 kids (1, 3 and 5- so at least 2 really need watching still) with both eyes, and the husband is the worst thrower-outer of all, LOL). They break things, so I put things out of their reach instead of where they belong, then I lose them. I have to run for a crying child, so I leave things where I was. I don't sleep, so I forget things.

Honestly? I don't usually care much. It'll make funny stories. But it is nice to know it's not just me
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have become SUCH abscent minded nelly. since having our son.. I can NOT believe it ! I thought I was bad before.. Now I feel like I am always apologizing that I forgot this or that.. ugh.. I feel your pain
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Welcome to parenthood....Every time I cannot find something one of my kids has it. My son always says, "I didn't know you wanted it." My 5yr old says "I don't have it." Low and behold they always have it.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I know your pain. My 15 month old has learned where the trash can is and what its for... he throws EVERYTHING in the trash.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• fingers crossedYou can do it. Keep your head up babes.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I know exactly what you are talking about! I to feel like I am such a slacker in life now that I have children! :)
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It wasn't long ago that I discovered the slot in the tower part of the computer is perfect for id cards/debit/insurance cards if it is a card it fits into the slot. I cannot find alot of things. A few months back I "lost" my cell phone,( it was a pay as you go type) and my daughter used it and still cannot find. I called it but it is turned off, just goes straight to voice mail. If I did not have kids everything would be so organized and " in it's place"
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have always been disorganized and forgetful but since I had kids it is so much worse, I am glad I am not the only one.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• This happens when you get pregnant, Because the babies take everything from you.

I have noticed my loss in memory as well. (Preg with twins)

I forget somthing if i dont write it down. So what I sugest to you is to write everything down in a medium sized book, that alows you to put a pen on the side.

Get all of your important docs, items and such. Put them together orginized, as posible. Get a big purse and keep everything you need in there.

Thats what I do, I take my purse everywhere and i never forget anything..cause all i have to rember is that big purse. I also put a cailonder up on my frige. ( cant spell very well sorry)
    shesuss

Answer by shesuss at 3:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010