do you think breastfeeding your SO is weird?? ((TMI)) adult content

i was doing some research on breastfeeding today. i would like to breastfeed my baby, unfortunately, the only people in my family that did are too far away to help me thru it. any way, i know that i still have a looong way to go before my milk comes in, however, it was suggested that your SO could help get your milk supply in ((and increase it)) by suckling, and i guess there's a significant number of couples in to it... including women who have never had children. just wanted to know what other people's thoughts/feelings on the subject are ((please no bashing))

ellokatie

Asked by ellokatie at 2:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• laughing

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Wow, not trying to bash, actually I wont. I just wouldnt do it, weird to me :) Good Luck though
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I guess if he keeps doing it later on its gets weird.
    To each his own I guess!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Im not sure I would feel comfortable "breastfeeding" my SO. I suppose it could get your body ready. The only time I would be anywhere near comfortable doing this would be during forplay! good luck!
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 2:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My man was like no way those are for the baby! After i stopped and my milk was gone he was right back to his old self.
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 2:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• really??? lol Oh my. Well I guess whatever works, however you don't want to lose the colostrum. I don't know, I couldn't do that and my hubby is a boob man, and when I had milk i didn't want him anywhere near them...lol
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I guess it's only as weird as you let it get. As long as both of you are into it and you don't end up breastfeeding him too then it should be ok.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Uhm *cough* uh.... uummmm..... No. Let's leave it at that.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Well, it sounds a little kinky. But honestly a breast pump can do the same thing.... unless you would rather nurse your s/o of course. lol

Personally, I didn't want my dh anywhere near my boobs while I was nursing, it was just weird to me.But, not everyone feels that way.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Nope that is wierd! If you are worried about making sure your milk comes in do not worry! I always tell my friends if you want to make sure you have enough just pump after the baby feeds then your body will automatically produce more milk! It thinks the baby is eating all that! Best of luck with nursing! I too had no real help but I managed to nurse both my girls up until they were 12 months old never buying formula!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010