Is it wrong to feel this way?

I have 2 daughters and always wanted another child, Due to complictations with my last pregnancy the doctor highly suggested I don't have another. Don't get me wrong I love my girls and are very happy to have had the them, now my kids are 5 and 6 and my brother just had a baby in march, and I feel really jealous about that, and try to find things wrong with the way him and my sister in law are raising him, Is it wrong to being feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes,jealousy gets you nowhere

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have my son and have been highly recommended not to have another child. I've always wanted a boy and a girl then maybe another. I feed bad for not being content and I do try to be but it's something I've always wanted. I have to hope that feeling this way is not bad but normal. At least I was blessed with one and you two.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I am sorry for your dilemma My answer to you is two fold. No it is not wrong for you to want to have another child or the feelings of fulfilling that need. For you to deliberately undermine and criticize their parenting because you feel bad is . You don't want to cause a barrier to be placed between you and you brother. Try to spend as much time with the baby as you can with out being ugly to the parents. Try and learn to be happy with yourself and what you have been given instead of being jealous of others. Hope it helps.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes, I think it is wrong to look for reasons to judge other people. If you feel the desire to have another baby but can't, ask to babysit your brother's baby. i think that may help a bit, ya know, by just having a baby around to take care of for a lil while.
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 3:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes, but admiting it is half the battle. Now work on fixing it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010