What do you do with a miscarried fetus? adult content

This might be disturbing to some*********

My friend called and said she miscarried. I think she was 9 weeks? Maybe 10 or 11? She is screaming and crying over the phone because she doesnt know what to do with the fetus. I have never dealt with this, but I am fixing to go sit with her for support? She said there is no way she could flush it and no way she was burying it in the backyard like a dog. She said the hospital would throw it away. What do you do???????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Um.. I would go to the hospital.. take it to the hospital!! She needs to go there anyway..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would bury it, give it a small ceremony.
    Anonymous

• I would call the police so that they caould take you to the hospital.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Tell her to call her doctor.
    Anonymous

• At that time in a pregnancy you cannot really tell what is the fetus and what is blood, clotting and tissue. I really feel horrible for your friend and this question but I don't think she could distinguish what to bury. Good luck, (I miscarried twice and could not tell the difference really).

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• A ten week old baby is only about 2 inches long. So she could just have a small ceremony with immediate family if she chose to do so. The hospital will just incinerate it. She's probably in shock. Make sure she is okay. Give her some time to calm dwn then talk to her. There is nothing she can do but those options, so she will have do decide sooner or later.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would take her to the hospital and have her take it with her. She needs to be checked out and maybe they'll have some better advice on what other Mom's have done in a situation like this and where others might have buried their miscarried baby.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Well I had two of them, anything you pass you bring to the hospital with you. They will do testing. Please get her to the hospital ASAP. She sounds like she is in shock. I know I was and do not remember a lot. I feel for her and feel her pain. Please take her now!!!
    Anonymous

• this actually happened to my friend. I got the same phone call you did and we ended up having a mini ceremony, good luck and just open your ears and heart to her.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• George W Bush wrote in his new book about his mother going through something similiar while he was growing up. Take it to the hospital b/c the dr will want to check her and the fetus.
    Anonymous