Exercise with kids??

How do you ladies get time to exercise or workout if you do? I have a 4 yr old and an 11 month old. I want to get in shape again and being that its getting colder I cant just take them outside with me to walk or whatever. Any ideas? Thanks for suggestions!!

Mommy_of_two_85

Asked by Mommy_of_two_85 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Exercise WITH the kids. Either bundle them up and go for a walk with the baby in the stroller or chase them around the house (will help wear them out for a nap) or get up and dance. Hold the baby and dance around the living room, bending, stretching, lifting the baby up. The four year old will have a blast and you will get a great workout.
    Anonymous

• Could you bundle them up? Or is there a ymca in your area? I think they have excersice classes for families.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 7:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I bundled up my little guy when he was younger and went on walks all the time. I had asked the dr. about it and he said, "as long as you bundle him up, he'll be ok". Granted, I didn't go out in extremely cold weather -- nothing under freezing -- but there were plenty of days I was out walking in 30+ degrees.

And as the above poster suggested, can you join a gym? We were already members of a gym, but I couldn't take my son for the longest time because he had behavior issues. But once I could, it was SO nice! It's like a little playdate for the kids, and you get time to yourself!
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 8:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Financially its not possible to join a gym right now. I like the idea of taking them with me to a gym as long as there is an area for them. As far as taking them with me, I have two small kids, (4 and 11 mths) and no double stroller, so walking, or running with them is not an option for me. Do you have any home exercises that worked well for you??
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 12:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• rough house/wrestle with the 4 yo while the baby is sleeping... you'll use all ur muscles and it'll be fun bonding time
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 9:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2008