Does KFC cater to larger people?

The last few times dh and I went to KFC we had to wait for ever for more chicken to be put out in the buffet. The last few times as larger people were getting the buffet the chicken got filled up immediately. Do they cater to the larger people? I am overweight but not huge and same with dh. Am I being a jerk by assuming this? I am not making fun of the people but wondering KFC is catering to the larger crowd? Dh asks for chicken but they don't seem to listen. Thoughts? I just want to say again that I am not making fun of larger people but asking if they are catering to people who are really overweight? Btw they took so long last time that the chicken got put out as we were leaving.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• There are buffets at KFC over here and I don't see that. I think you are just reading way to far into it, nothing more.
    If you really want to go there, heavy people probably go there a lot, so you see them more. But that doesn't mean that they get better service. ANd it's true people! I see people at Old Country Buffet, and I do notice there are a ton of obese people there, rather than Applebees or Fridays. But I don't think they get any better service than me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Chicken takes a bit to cook..and there are also people in the drive thru, people getting take out at the counter, so maybe they got a bit behind. How much chicken did you really intend to eat? A normal serving it like 2 small pieces or one large one. If you eat like 5 or 6 pieces of KFC then you are on the road to being one of those obese people.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, you're being a jerk by assuming that.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Uh... NO... My guess is that KFriedC is MAKING them larger O.o
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't understand how you made the connection-it took you longer to get your chicken because people in front of you were taking it, so is KFC catering to larger people? Any restaurant that has a buffet would prefer that people with small appetites would eat there, because they eat less, and therefore they would make more of a profit. Having owned a restaurant that sometimes had a buffet, I can tell you that when a group of extra large people come in, the restaurant owner cringes, because it's more likely that they will eat more, but that's just the way it goes. It takes awhile for chicken to cook, it's not instant food, and sometimes it hard to keep enough food out so it's hot, but not so much that it sits too long. That's a hard line to find. Larger people often prefer to eat at buffets because they can eat a lot of food. You said you and your DH are large, so you might have a better opinion on this.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I never saw a buffet in KFC.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• maybe it was different people working, some who liked to keep on top of it and keep the chicken full the one time, and lazy people who did not care about the customers ,just the paycheck, the other time.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 4:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• NO restaurant is making anyone fat, people are making themselves fat by not eating in moderation. Also, you are being a jerk by ASSuming that a restraurant is catering to "fat people".

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2010