Did you ever wonder if Earth is just some giant alien ant farm...

on some alien kid's dresser? Watching us,amused at our simplicity?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes often :) you ever watch ancient aliens? if not you totally should :)
    BabeeOnBoard

Answer by BabeeOnBoard at 3:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Not trying to copy the first answerer, but did you read Stephen King's book "Under The Dome"?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I heard something about that and was actually hoping it wasn't true...my husband doesn't read for pleasure, so when he sees SK movies, he thinks that's how the books are. Of course we have the whole "but the books are so much better than the movies!" talk, but he really doesn't get it. I think it does SK a disservice to have most people's only exposure to his stuff be through movies, esp. ones like "The Stand", which was nowhere near as enjoyable as the book.
    "The Green Mile" and "The Shawshank Redemption" are the only exceptions, in my opinion.

Anyway, back to your original question...I was thinking about it, and I think that's exactly how some people do think of earth and the people on it. They see God, or whatever their vision of a higher power is, as some omnipotent being watching us for his or her own amusement, but with no involvement. At least some people I know see it that way.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• nope,never saw it

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• yes I did. I've read 99% of what he's written. This wasn't a thought from reading that,but it does apply,doesn't it?

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yeah, remember the ending...? Trying not to post spoilers in case anyone else comes along on this question!

I've read almost all of his stuff too...I am on the last book of the Dark Tower series right now. I held out on all the Dark Tower stuff for ages because I didn't know if I'd like the whole fantasy/western/whatever theme it has, but I have totally, thoroughly, and in every way enjoyed them. I'm so sad I'm almost done :(

Sorry, not trying to derail this post, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Its ok! Its being made into a series and movies you know,the dark tower. Whoo hoo!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010