Anyone else annoyed with the terrible grammar?

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not some OCD person about grammar. But if you're a mom, maybe by now you should know the difference between there, they're and their. And please...stop using "u" as you. It's irritating!

Girlsabadfish

Asked by Girlsabadfish at 3:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I catch some shit on here for being that way. I'm not perfect when it comes to it. I know there's typos, but at least you can understand what I'm saying.
    It's you're not ur, and you don't loose weight, you lose weight.
    People don't know the difference between AFFECT AND EFFECT
    If you can't spell pregnant, then don't get pregnant(ok lol)

Oh, one more. I love how people give long winded answers to a question that you can't even decipher because it's not legible? How do you know how to answer properly?

ahhh ok, I'm done! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I am so bad about typing "there" for "their"...lol If you are talking about me so sorry...lol I do know the difference.big smile mini

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I blame the prevalence of texting. But it does definitely get on my nerves when people do it.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Nah..not really.. If it's super bad and Im having a bad day, then maybe I will get irritated.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes, as a former teacher it really grates on my last nerve!

Answer by missanc at 3:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It is a major pet peeve of mine.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Part of my job is proofreading, so I definitely spot those things all the time. You'd be amazed how many errors you can find when looking at a menu, a published book, advertisements. You can tell the difference though when someone doesn't know how to use proper grammer and when someone is just going fast and being casual. And I definitely don't use abbreviations if I can help it. When I text anybody, everything is fully written out in plain English with punctuation. :)
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I freely admit being anal about using proper grammar and spelling.... So yes, I get irritated. I mean, English isn't even my first language, and I know the difference between their/there/they're, you're/your, and it's/its... It's basic stuff, people!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I hate text speak. My brother always texts me using words like "dat" for "that" and "dis" for "this" and "da" for "the". It makes me cringe. I agree a lot of this is seeping in to everyday language, though. A few mispellings here and there don't bother me so much. This infantile text spelling makes me crazy.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Don't get me wrong I will make a mistake when typing sometimes but there is a difference when I see what you are talking about. I don't get irritated as much as I think that these are moms raising kids and they have terrible grammar. How are they going to teach their children.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010