Kids and cell phones...

How old were your kids when you got them cell phones?
Were they prepaid or plans?
How much do you pay for your kids phone a month?

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• My SS's mother got him one a little over a yr ago when he was 7 yrs old. WE feel that is a little to yound due to he can not even take care of his movies and games! But it is up to her. Plus we thought of having one to give them minutes if they do there chores or behave! NOot for them to just have!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My son is 12 and has had one for a little over a year. He plays sports and travels with the team. I got him a phone on our family plan so I can keep up with where he is and what time to pick him up. His phone only added $30 a month to our plan.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 3:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Our 9 and 14 yr olds have phones. My 14 yr old was given the phone when he started middle school, around age 10 or 11. The 9 yr old got one for his birthday. They are on our T-Mobile family plan. We pay over $150/month for our phones but the kids lines are cheap, like $10 plus taxes.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My son was 11 and the phone and line were FREE. We have no landline so he needed a phone. We share a plan that has unlimited texting and 1500 minutes a month, we don't go much over 800 minutes a month.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010