I took 2 rounds of clomid and nothing. Now my dr said I am ovulating because I am getting a monthly period, so now he wants to "flush" my tubes to check for any blockage and continue with clomid. Anyone else went throught this? If so, is it very painful? and Did it help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• it's not the most pleasant experience, but it is a bearable pain. The good thing about flushing the tubes is most women get pregnant the next time they try. that's how it was for me. Flushed the tubes and pregnant the next month.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Um your doctor is wrong..you do not necessarily ovulate because you're having a period. You can have a period and not release an egg. I have PCOS and that was my main issue when TTC, not ovulating. As far as flushing your tubes? I've never heard of it but I have the dye placed in my tubes to make sure they were open. It's uncomfortable but not bad.

BTW, I got pregnant from the combination of Clomid and an IUI. Good luck.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 8:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I had an HSG test this week and to be prepared for some menstrual cramp-like pain, I was told to take Tylenol. I took 2 Tylenol and it was more bearable ( I had this test done 9 years ago and wasn't prepared and wish I had been). We have also been told that following this test, I may be started on Clomid next month so we are hopeful too.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 1:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2010