Do you think someone is a scrooge if they don't decorate or put up a Christmas tree?

I am not big into holiday decorations and we haven't put up a Christmas tree for 7 years. I love celebrating Christmas with my family but don't feel the need to decorate or put up a tree. I was always the one doing all the decorating of home and tree and personally I hated it and it totally stressed me out because I didn't want to do it. I told kids and hubby if they wanted home decorated they could do it and I would help them but I would not take the initiative. No one else did it either so we quit doing it. This has made my holiday less stressful but people think I am weird for not doing a tree.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• Nope! Everyone has their own beliefs and traditions. There have been a few years where we haven't put a tree up because we didn't want to bother with decorations. We also weren't going to be home for the holidays, so what's the point? But I totally understand where you're coming from.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You and your family are happy with it, that's what matters. I don't think you're a scrooge. For me, I love decorating the house and putting up a tree. It just makes it more festive for me, but that's my choice.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think they don't want the stress of decorating, or they are not Christians, or they don't buy into the commercialism of Christmas.

Do what you think is best. Less stress equals a happier Momma!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't think you are a scrooge, b/c I am right there with you. I don't decorate b/c we don't spend the holiday at home. I will put up stockings for the kids, but that is it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• No. It's a personal choice.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Its your choice. I only do it because it makes me happy and the delight of my children is an added bonus.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:35 AM on Nov. 17, 2010