3 yr old Speech

My Daughter turned 3 last month. She can say alot of words, even some really big words. But, she gets excited alot and starts talkin fast and mumbles everything together and I have no idea what she is talking about. Heck, sometimes I don't think she knows what she was talking about. I try to get her to slow down and pronounce everything correctly but it is not working. She is not in Daycare or Preschool yet. Does anyone else's kids do this? Do you think I should talk to her doctor or someone about it? I feel bad because she don't get to play with other children alot because we do not have alot of friends with kids and my husband stays at home with her. I just feel like it is my fault :(

punkypreggo

Asked by punkypreggo at 3:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wouldn't worry about it, some little kids have speech trouble when they get excited. If there is anything wrong the school will let you know when she goes they test for everything these days.......but if your really worried about ask the doctor.
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 3:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• hey add me.....we can chat more about this. i cryed for the longest that i wasnt doing something right all u can do is get her help so u know u did your part and read to her. my son was same way and still is he has been in therapy for almost a year now. and is approving alot .. he is 4 yrs old and is now in more @ 4 program. how i got him help and wish i did earlier is @ his 3 yr well check i told the doc i was concerned that he was talking in full sent like other kids his age and he still does alot baby talk. and they referred me to some1. they also will check her hearing too

BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 3:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• ** i was concerned that he was not talking in full sent like other kids his age.. but getting him help i am so glad i did it has helped him out sooo much..... his evaluation this past Sept he scored really high and tested well for his age group im so proud of him

BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 3:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think this is very typical of their brains going so fast when they are excited. It happens to adults sometimes too. If it is only happening when she is excited I would not worry about it. If you want her to be around other kids you could start going to the local library story hour.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't worry a whole lot - but if it continues I might would check into speach therapy. If you have a local park - take your child there periodically to be able to meet and play with other children
    grandma1951

Answer by grandma1951 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• EVery child is different. My son isnt around other kids because I am a SAHM, and we don't know many other parents, but I work with him on his words everyday. I make a list and add to it when he learns a new word, He's 2 btw.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it, a lot of kids have trouble getting words together when they are excited. Heck, I have trouble getting words together when I am excited. She will overcome it, I am sure.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i wouldn't worry, ask her to slow down so that you can understand her... my 3 year old talks very very well for her age... until she gets excited or nervous... then it all comes out all jumbled up... we have worked on it, and she now will say a few jumbled words, take a breath and slow down and say it correctly the second time...
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010