could i really go to jail?

i got a dart ticket this past june and forgot about it and im so afraid to call about it cuz dh told me that i could go to jail over it. ne1 ever deal w/ an unpaid dart ticket/

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Travel

• Dart?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• What's dart?
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Run! All you can do is call and pay it! Get it done!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Just call and get it handled! You dont want to be worried about it forever. You will not go to jail over 1 unpaid ticket.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• what is a Dart ticket?

Answer by louise2 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't know what a dart ticket is. BUT, my guess is if you call prepared with the information and just be up front about taht yes, you forgot and you appologize but you are prepared to pay in full, assuming you can, or you can pay half now and half say in two weeks or next month they'll work with you on it and not send you to jail.
    I got a notice on state tax thing I'd forgotten to pay and I apparentlymissed a notice or something becuase it was a final notice something or other, and I called to say I can pay half now and half in a month, becuase I just couldn't afford the full 200 right then and they were totally fine with it and really nice about it. So in my experience if you're jsut up front about your responsiblity and at least taking care of the thing, it should go over pretty okay.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 3:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• dart is the public transportation in texas: the bus and train
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• http://www.dart.org/about/dartpolice/fareevasion.asp

After 30 days of the offense date, you may no longer dispose of the case with an administrative resolution; you must dispose of the case with a judicial resolution.

Check out the link above.....and give them a call. Seems they work with you as long as you acknowledge it........

http://www.dart.org/about/dartpolice/jpcourts.asp    PHONE NUMBER LIST

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Good luck!!
    LilyPondOasis

• ok not sure what a Dart ticket is but... A very Long time ago I got a ticket for driving an uninsured vehicle... I had just started a new job and I was to afraid to take a day off from work so my uncle who is a police officer told me that within 7 to 10 days they were going to issue a warrant for my arrest I was freaking out me a single mom with a warrant oh no ... so any way long story short I had to go to the Police Station turn myself in bail myself out... we had a blast at the police station they made such a big joke out of it wanted to know if I wanted a pic to send to my mom etc... they were crazy but anyway I had to go to court the case got nallied and I wound up just paying a $40.00 ticket... so good luck to you don't avoid it just do what ya gotta do good luck ......
    Debalexxa

Answer by Debalexxa at 4:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2010