This is my first boy so I have a couple of questions please???

My baby is 1 and 5 days old. I had him circumsized and the cap on his willie is kinda half way off. He got a little bowel on it and I was wiping with a warm washe cloth and noticed it was half way off? Did I do that? I mean was it stuck and I removed it a little of does that mean that it's fixing to fall off with it coming loose like that? Do I need to remove the rest of it since it's half way off or will it come off by itself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call the doc.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would call the Ped!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• bring him to the dr
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I agree call the doctors office. I don't understand what you are asking. What I am not understanding is how old he is and what is going on with his penis. If he is only a few days old and was circumcised then what you are describing is normal. Just keep it clean by flushing the area with warm water. and keep putting Vaseline on the penis. The little plastic piece will fall off on it's own.

Still you should call his ped if you are unsure.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes, better to have it looked at.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If your concerned ask the doctor but if it's that it looks like there is still some foreskin that will move back on it's own in most cases. Do you know what method of circumsion they used?
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 5:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If tou are talking about the gauze pad they put on him, that can be changed with a new one. You dont even need to put gauze pads on, my pedi had me just put alot of vaseline on it for every diaper change.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It's the plastibell circumcision and it I found out about it. The cap fell off last night went to put a new diaper on and covered him up while I got the bactracin open and when I pulled the diaper back the cap wasn't on his willie anymore it was in the diaper lol. Thanks for all the advice. He is doing great, no blood, no skin cuts, just perfect, I was a little worried he is my first boy, my hubby's 3rd which I found out from him later that when it comes loose like that it means the foreskin has fallen off and it's healed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2010