How many of you has experienced a lay off for over a yr?

My Husband has been laid off for a long time! We figured it out that he only worked 4 months in the past 2 yrs. He works for a construction company. :(

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• My DH was laid off a year ago this December. He has his Bachelors Degree and is still struggling to find employment. It's sad.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My SO has been out of work since June 2009. The place of work accepted his transfer then screwed him when he call to get his new schedule. Claiming a hiring freeze. He has degrees and has had several interviews and nothing has panned out.
    midnightmoet

Answer by midnightmoet at 6:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• im a criminal justice major,handgun experience,GSA clearance,child care experience,secuirty experience,cashier experinence..love overnites..an still cant find a job in any fields @ all..put in @ least 6 apps everyday..had a parttime job that only lasted a day..cuz they called the wrong person..How do u call the wrong person..so basically been w/o job for 2 1/2 yrs..
    hubby been of ..1 1/2 experience driving for local transit 11yrs,Class B CDL was a supervisor..nobody seems to want to hire us..
    the places that we hire for turn us down..but still have Now Hiring signs in the windows..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 6:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Same here .. my DH lost his "temp to hire" job, so when they did a layoff he got no unemployment. A few months later, my job announced mandatory furlough days, which literally took away my grocery money. It's been over 2 yrs w/ nothing in sight.

I literally spent my last $100 to sign up for a home business opportunity. Within the first month I quit my part time job and was able to take a REAL vacation, which I paid for in cash.

DH works the home business with me, and though he keeps looking, still hasn't found another job. Of the 3 factories in town 2 closed last year and the 3rd one cut their workforce in 1/2. Last week they closed 1 of the 2 grocery stores we have here. Economy looks bleak still, but we're on the road to recovery .. thankds to our home business.

Good Luck everyone .. hope it gets better for you soon!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 9:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• DH is in sales and was out of a job for 14 months. He's been working again for a year and we're still far behind where we once were and have no savings. SCARY.
    GumboGirl

Answer by GumboGirl at 7:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yes. That's why we started our business.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2010