This may sound like a dumb question....

So my baby is breech and I am almost 32 weeks pregnant. Let's say baby ends up staying breech and not flipping. I know that some women start dilating pretty early, I feel like our little guy is CONSTANTLY kicking my cervix. Once I start dilating is it possible for him to kick his foot out of my cervix??

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I can't see that happening.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• no it's not possible ...
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 4:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• LOL, I doubt it. He is surrounded by a sack of water.  He will probably turn before you dilate.

Answer by louise2 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• don't think so...... the doctors will keep an eye on things the baby will either turn on its own or the doctor may try to help it turn or you may have a c-section. But don't think a feet will kick its way out
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 4:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• No. But good luck and it will probably turn, one of my boys did this until right near the end, then he decided to turn how he belonged.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My second babe was breeched. We were hoping the babe would move on his own. So our wish came true! He flipped himself out of the knot he was in. But! I was in labor for just under 24 hours (it sucked!) and then the nurse came in and had me lay on my left side with my head lower then my body, and my right leg up and lifted up by my chest. It was VERY uncomfortable. BUT, 30 minutes of laying like that and my babe was out. :D
    And your doctor will/should keep an eye out for it.
    MissLT

Answer by MissLT at 4:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• my 1st was breech from 30 weeks until i had my c-section at 37.4 weeks and that never happened
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 6:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010