Do you ever return bad produce?

Just wondering if anyone ever does this. For example, if you buy a watermelon or a cantelope and once you cut it it's no good, or if you buy apples and they are mealy...do you return them? Or just throw them out? I always end up throwing them out but it really bugs me.

Syphon

Asked by Syphon at 4:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If I JUST bought it, yes. I paid or somehig thinking I could use it. If I pay 7 bucks or grapes that ar rotten the next morning I just thew 7 bucks in the trash can.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Sorry keyborard screwy!!
    Musicmom80

• I just throw it away. I've never returned food items. I really should.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would just throw them out.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I've never returned them. However, one time I purchased lettuce and upon cutting it discovered bugs inside the head, maybe two or three, and dirt. I wrote to the company and complained. They sent me three dollars in the mail. I didn't expect anything, just wanted someone to know.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I called the store, they told me don't bring it back, just keep the receipt if you still have it, and stop at customer service, tell them and they will refund the money. They did, no problem.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• it depends where i bought it, what it is, and how much i paid for it. one time i bought a couple of white peaches that were $1.99 per pound, and all 3 of them were nasty brown inside, like the pit was rotting and turning the flesh brown, but the outsides were beautiful - i returned those. if it is one apple out of a bag that is otherwise okay, i suck it up.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 4:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i just throw them away... it sucks but i feel silly taking things back..
    fallenangel7386

Answer by fallenangel7386 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2010