What word is used to descirbe a type of wtichcraft that starts with a p?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Being Pagan simply means not being of the Islamic, Jewish, Abrahamic(sp) religions...
    Not all Pagans practice Witchcraft nor are they all of the Wiccan Religion...
    Also not all Wiccans practice the Craft either....
    Also Practitioner is used a lot when speaking of Witchcraft...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You're probably thinking of Pagan. But it's not really witchcraft like Wiccan is.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 4:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Palo Meyombe is a type of African Witchcraft..are you looking for a specific branch?
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 5:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• wow @ mamajasmine..i didnt even know that..tho im african american..i never heard that..i learned something new today..tho im goin to look this up now..can u tell me a lil more bout it..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 8:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't know what 'wtichcraft' is but I do know what 'witchcraft' is.

But assuming you meant witchcraft.....

pendulum - a divination tool
    spirit possession / riding the loa - a form of spiritual possession / trance work
    Palmistry - the reading of palms

Not really sure what you're looking for.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Free- I am aware of it and I have gotten a reading from a practitioner but I am not that familiar with it myself. I do know it involves invoking a spirit through a medium and a translator and they use things like powdered egg shells and coconuts for divination. And I believe they used gods named Oshun and Obatala. And I know it is a bit darker than the standard American Wicca and it has similarities with Santeria. HTH.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 9:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Do you mean a specific path, or something that describes witchcraft? Pictish is one path that I can think of. It's a Scottish trad. I've also heard some forms of Pictish Wicca called Peti-Wicca. Pagan, pantheistic, and polytheistic could all be used to describe witchcraft.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2010