Do any of you make your own baby food and freeze it?

I would like to start but I am intimidated! Lol. Any tips or book suggestions on the topic?
Thank you mommas!

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 4:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do :) Its super easy, a good website I use for reference is wholesomebabyfood.com Good Luck!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My daughter does. She steams carrots and then purees them. She bakes sweet potatoes and mashes them and freezes them. She bought some little containers that are the size of baby food jars, and they work perfectly. She also steamed squash and later broccoli. Her little boy is not a picky eater. She would only buy commercial baby food if it were more convenient than making it herself--like some of the blended ones.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• did it for awhile.but it just got to be too much work after baby number 3. I baked sweet potatoes, added a small amount of water and mixed them up in the blender. Same with steamed spinach, carrots, chicken, peas, green beans. Just don't boil, it removes the nutrients. I stored them in ice cube trays. Then just defrosted them in the Microwave. Thn when they needed more food, as they grew I just addend an extra cube!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Oh yes, make sure you store the icecube trays in a 5 gallon freezer bag after they are frozen. I let them freeze first, then I transfer them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes I do Annabel Karmel has some really good recipes.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Do any of you use frozen bags of veggies? I've heard that they're sometimes better!
    LadyofIvory

Comment by LadyofIvory (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I haven't started veggies yet with DD but I was planning on using fresh ones. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2010