Is it allergies?

My little guy has had a rash on his bum for almost a year now. I took him to the doc. when I tried to help him and everything seemed to make it worse. SO I was told it was a yeast infection. Well he still has it, I used the Nystatin they gave me. (3 tubes) and still he has it. I was thinking he had an allergic reaction to something he ate. The rash will become more inflamed when he eats or drinks certain things. They for some reason refused giving him an allergy test. So I am just wondering if anyone else has came across when I am experiencing. He first came down w/ the rash when he started eating "real" food, and has had it ever since. It becomes worse when he eats; Whole wheat, grapes, oranges, and, orange juice.
Thanks for any help!

MissLT

Asked by MissLT at 4:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Could it be the brand of diaper he is wearing, or the wipes you use?
    Anonymous

• I would say it defiently sounds like an allergy. Keep pushing and you may have to find a need pediatrition. try to stear away from thing that you know makw it worse. but dont give up you know what is best not the dr.
    Mom3Elizabeth

Answer by Mom3Elizabeth at 4:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have been using the same kind of diapers and wipes (luvs diapers and pampers wipes) since he was just a wee one. Never changed the brands, and yes I have not given him anything that makes it worse. When I say worse I mean there will be open soars on his little bum and they will bleed.
    MissLT

Comment by MissLT (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Take him to an allergist. If your doctor won't test him, find one that will.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Well some of what you mentioned are very acidic foods, that can make his bm's and even urine acidic. I would try apple juice, cut out oranges and grapes. Fruit is fiber, he may have too much in his system. As for the rash, I highly recomend Pinxalv..google it. They gave it to my son at the hospital...used to be prescription. May be hard to find, but your pharmasist can order it for you. Me and my circle of friends won't use anything else. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010