So.....I have a date Saturday!

It will be somewhat casual...what should I wear? I haven't been on a date in 10+ years!! It will also be fairly cool...45-55 degrees. I don't have a lot of nice clothes, but can always buy something before then. I want to make a good impression...any tips...besides being myself?

I am short (not quite 5ft) and a little, but not terribly overweight if that helps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Long sweater dress, tights and high boots... SEXY AND WARM!!! Have fun and good luck!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't like sweater dresses, I'm short and skinny but they make me look frumpy. And my legs are long! 3 of my 5 feet is all leg! lol What style do you feel most comfortable in? I like leggings with calf high boots or jeans and some small heels. I try to make the bottom half look good with and with out a jacket on. Look and what accessories you want to wear and use and plan around that, it's a fresher look to figuring an outfit out.
    Have fun!!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would suggest a good pair of jeans with a nice top...maybe a sweater, or a cute shirt and jacket....with a pair of boots or heels.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Wear something you are comfortable in. Not just physically comfortable, but you don't want to be fidgety. Also consider what activity you will be doing, as far as shoes are concerned. I am a take-me-as-I-am-jeans-and-tee-shirt-sneakers girl so I can do just about anything at any time!
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• yeah i wear some jeans & nice shirt with longsleeves & some boots & a jacket & some jewelry
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Monochromatic outfits and V necks are slenderizing
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm short also & I love wearing ankle boots with either a high heel or flat heel, nice pair of pants and a nice shirt that compliments my boots...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• a pair of jeans that make your backend look fabulous
    and a black sweater that is just tight enough to say boob-a-licous
    no cleverage though, make him dream, but tight enough to show the 'girls' off
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• im a big fan of picking out one area to show off and cover the rest up...given that its going to be chilly, a bit of clevage is probably best to show. a lightweight sweater thats low cut and fitted with a casual blazer/jacket, dark jeans, and boots would be a great idea. it says you've got yourself together, you're sexy, and you're not too high maintainance. it's casual but still nice enough to wear most anywhere. also, with the jewlery pick one nice thing and make the rest very simple. another great jewlery tip is to get dressed, then take 1 item of jewlery off. most of us pile on too many acessories, but its easier to decide what to remove after you've got it all on and can look at the outfit as a whole.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010