Should I be concerned that my soon to be 8month son isn't talking/babbling?

My son will be 8 months on the 30th. He doesn't say mama, dada, baba...nothing like my daughter did at this age. Is it a boy thing or should i be concerned?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 4:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't worry, kids are all different and its common for the 2nd, 3rd and so on to take longer to talk. They watch more and learn that way. One day he is going to start up and you will think where the heck did all that come from?! lol
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Not to worry. This varies so much from kid to kid. Relax and enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'd bring it up with the doctor,it's probly just that he's taking a little longer but it can be a sign of a speech delay and autism.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 5:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My son started to bamble around 9 months or 10 I believe. I swear it's a boy thing, but if your concerned you could talk to your peds. Just keep practicing with him, like everything else, that's really all you do. And keep an eye on if he's not saying anything with ba ,da, or ma, in a couple more months.
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2010