How often do you make your kids clean their room?

Is it a daily responsibility, weekly or never? How much do you expect cleaned up?

My two boys share a room and it's like a full-time job just keeping on top of them. I always feel like it's too much for two little boys, but it's the only room in the house where they have their toys (our house is small), and they spend a lot of time playing together in there. Some days you can't walk in there and I get tired of getting on their cases.

amybaby_19

Asked by amybaby_19 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son is responsible for making his bed, getting his clothes put away, keeping his floor picked up, and putting dirty clothes in his hamper, he does these things daily or as needed.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My son picks up his room daily. If he can get all his toys out in one day he can dang sure put them all back. LOL!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• pick up daily, good cleaninging (dusting vaccummin ect weekly)
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• They need to learn that if they are finished with one toy, put it up before getting another one out. Clothes only go in dressers or hampers. Beds are to be spread up before leaving the room in the morning. Sheets get chanced once a week. Clothes are washed (by the children) on an as needed basis. We deep clean once a month and do a more than just pick up once a week. We also go through clothes every 6 months and toys once a year.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• daily
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• They know all of their toys should be picked up and put away before bed.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Daily if she cooperates with me, I help her clean it up most days.

SarahLouise508

Answer by SarahLouise508 at 4:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I try to do it at least once during the week, and then on the weekends is when I run the vacuum and clean under the beds. Most of the playing is done in the living room right now, so the bedrooms don't get too messy
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Picking up and making the bed is a daily responsibility for my 6 year old. Vaccuming and dusting is weekly
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• i try to ever day but it doesnt happen. i usually have to do it.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 7:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2010