Does anyone have a small child in physical therapy?

And if so, how do you get them to do their exercises? My daughter (9) is supposed to be doing exercises every day, but she refuses to do them. The Dr says if she does them, there's a good chance she won't have to get surgery down the road. How do you get a child to understand that these exercises are in her own best interest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Health

• My son was in them from 10 months on, he had torticollis and he met w/ the physical therapist once, and she discharged him at the end because he was advanced and we could do his stretches at home. He hated doing them, but I made them fun and I rewarded him when he cooperated.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My daughter was in therapy for 9 months when she was 5 months old...she had Torticollis...there were so many different exercizes they did
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 4:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My daughter was in physical therapy from the time she was 3 months old until age 8. She seldom gave me grief about doing her exercises but for those few times she did, I'd put my foot down and force the issue; it was for her own good after all. Good luck.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2010