How much will you spend on your children for Christmas?

How old are they? How many kids do you have?
I'm just wondering. My son is 20 months old, and I have already spent quite a bit and SO is telling me its way too much. I just want him to have more than I had.
But really I am just wondering what is the average. Thanks in advance:)

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• no i havent bought nothing yet for my son but i hope i will buy alot for him & i only have a 1yearold
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My Son is nearly 3 1/2 and We have spent between $200 and $300 on Him for Christmas every year since His first..so that's what it will be this year, as well. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have three kids
    Boy 19 will spend $300
    Girl 18 $300
    Girl 17 nothing. She just got a horse but really I will probably spend $300 on her too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Usually $300+ per child. We'll do a large gift for each (we have 3 boys) then an equal number of smaller gifts. We don't shop just to shop. We like to buy things they actually will enjoy and get a lot of use out of.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Hmmm... my son is 26 months, and I'm looking at somewhere around $250, including all the little gifts and stocking stuffers...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have a 15 y/o son and I have finished his holiday shopping. He is getting a PS3 (he earned enough to pay for 1/2 & we are paying for the other half), plus a PS3 game and a book he's been asking for. That's all and it's enough. Having more doesn't make it a better holiday & most kids won't remember half of what they got anyway. What makes the holiday memorable is that one special gift that he really wanted & the time spent together as a family.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't know yet. I know after daycare, my first paycheck is going towards Christmas.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• $200 a piece this year...maybe a little more. I'm in the middle of a divorce and moving. They will each get a big gift and two or three smaller gifts. I usually spend close to $1000 between both of them.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 4:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have 4 kids. They are 8, 3, 1 1/2, & 8 months. I haven't spent much yet and I don't plan to. They already have toys piled in their rooms and in the basement. They don't need clothes, so I won't be spending a whole lot this year. When I had my first I spent a lot on her first few Christmas', I completely know where you're coming from, with wanting to spend a lot. I wanted to make sure outspent my own mother because at the time, my dd was the only grandchild. The truth of the matter is, at that age they won't remember it, don't go spending crazy until they're older, when they want the newer technologies, games, & brand name clothes. I'll probably spend 75 - 100 for each this year.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 4:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Well I really never had to spend too much since mY MOm decided to tell my kids when they were young that there is no Santa Claus and since then it hasnt been as enjoyable as the years before. But this year I dont plan on going past 1000 dollars for Christmas, since I am a single mom and now at 17, 12, and 8 they are just a little more expensive thats y 1000 is the limit. Or maybe I should say I dont plan on spending over 800 they pretty much want electronics where are the kids that just want simple stuff
    1212tink

Answer by 1212tink at 4:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2010