Are there any women against Gay Marriage?

There has been so much debate over gay marriage lately. Why is it ok?

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I am opposed to the state licensing marriage for anyone. I support common law marriage, where couples can do what they please without permission from the state.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have no issue with gay marriage.
    I have no issue with plural marriage.

All that matters to me is that: All involved are of legal age (18+) and all are consenting................................... Also, I think that is all that the state should have a say in as well, is that all parties involved meet that criteria.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• are you kidding? take a look in the recent posts (just the last few weeks should do it)..there are plenty against it.

it doesn't bother me one way or the other who marries who.. just don't expect (or make it a law) a church that disapproves of it (due to their belief/teaching) to be bound to perform the ceremonies. there are plenty of other avenues for ceremony that can and will marry gay couples.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Personally, I think legally, same sex couples should have the same rights as opposite sex couples. What churches do or don't do is up to them.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I opinion I dont think that two people of the same sex should involve themselves in marriage, that is not RIGHT but some choose to do so and there are alot of people that do but who am I to say that I will never do it but why dont people become upset about the fact that there are so many people women having children out of wed-lock.
    1212tink

Answer by 1212tink at 5:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm not against it. Why would I be? It's none of my business. Any consenting adults should be able to get married. One doesn't need a church to get married either so I wouldn't expect any religious organization to have to perform the ceremony.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• For me the bigger issue is why American citizens let Government grant permission for them to marry...
    NYMOM12

Answer by NYMOM12 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• one's person's opinion shouldn't effect someone else's rights.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I agree with Pixie trix
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Answer me this. Other than religious reasons and procreation, why is it NOT ok? How would gay marriage make anyone elses less valid? If you base your marriage on others lives then the problem lies within you NOT the loving gay couple. There are a LOT of couples who can not have children and adopt. There are plenty who choose NOT to have children. As for religion, it has NO place in the private lives of others NOR in our government.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010