Is it possible that 4 month old baby girl is having night terrors?

Last night she had 2 screaming crying fits that she completely slept through. She did it once before about a month ago too. No fever and in a great mood before bed and now today too.

kapesmom

Asked by kapesmom at 4:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son i a little younger and he has the same thing fairly often. So it seems to at least be a nightmere if not a night terror.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Could it be painful gas bubbles that they just feel while sleeping, and it's hurting them but not waking them up? I'm not sure! I'm sorry, how sad. I know my youngest has had lots of problems with gas and burps and spitting up since he was born, and most nights he wakes up crying (still at age 1) and I have to sit him up to burp him and then he lays back down to sleep. IDK?!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My daughter did, I would just calmly keep telling her, you are safe/ i'm mommy and i am right here. once she would calm a little i could cuddle her and tell her you're safe/ i love you.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It is perfectly normal, and itisnt gas. My son is 6 months and does the same thing every once in a while. He will start screaming in the middle of the night and when I check on him he is sleeping. I just talk softly and give him his nuk and he goes right back to sleep. i think its some type of a nightmare.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• thank you for the input ladies. I am glad to know I am not alone.
    kapesmom

Comment by kapesmom (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My son is almost a yr old he has been doing the same thing for some time now, my Dr told me that w/ night terror it is best not to wake them up even though that's the 1st instinct. she told me that night terrors occur at a certain level of sleep, the best way to deal w/ them or prevent them is to slightly wake the baby before that level of sleep so it is avoided.
    Jaxons_Mommy16

Answer by Jaxons_Mommy16 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010