Is this normal feelings?

I have always been very, well, not so great at making and keeping friendships. I think I come off as annoying in person. I don;t mean to and I am constantly telling myself to just shut up. I always have. I even remember sitting in my chair on the first day of k thinking that every girl in that class was to pretty to be my friend. TO this day I hate walking into church w/o my DH because I feel like I have no friends and no one will like me. I have tried so hard o get over it. I have prayed and prayed about it but I just don;t know how it started. DO you think something happened or could I have been born this way...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Health

• I have sort of felt like that from time to time...but maybe not to the extent you are describing it. I felt that way in high school despite being class favorite and homecoming queen a majorette too.....so obviously that didnt boost my self esteem. lol

I think most women if they are honest feel that way every once in a while...but yours does sound more severe.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i think it is normal and i think you just need a little space for yourself also...dont worry it is also a natural feeling.....i'm here if you need someone to talk to...just an email away.....
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Maybe growing up you were told you were not pretty and maybe you feel this way. In my opinion everyone is pretty in there own way. you don't need approval from anybody to know that you are pretty.
    I was teased when i was small and at some point i felt ugly.I don't now feel that way now and now i am married and happy with two babies.
    cristy309

Answer by cristy309 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Sounds like you embedded this in yourself for so long, you just simply believe that you are who you've convinced yourself you are. Give yourself a small challenge each time you are in a situation and find yourself feeling insecure - like I'm going to greet a stranger before I leave, or I'm going to have a brief conversation with an acquaintence today. Then work up to challenges that push your envelope a little bit. And for pete's sake, stop putting yourself down and start picking yourself up! If you can't love yourself, how can anyone else? :) SMILE!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm okay in very familiar situations. My job and with old friends. I have not had a new friend since...High school... 12 years ago! I am so trying to warm up to this church. I want so bad to be a part of the community there.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010