Baby Teething at 11 weeks???

My baby is almost 11 weeks old (on Thursday) and i think she may be teething. Is that what is wrong? She has been a wonderful baby, but the past 4-5 days shes gotten very fussy. And bout a few days before that shes been havin a little more drool and bubbles. She always has her hands in her mouth, but its to the far back right side. Is she too little to be teething or what is it?? She has been rough lately....id love some help/advice!!!!!!

Mommy2Bailey910

Asked by Mommy2Bailey910 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its very much not uncommon for them to start teething at 3 months and still not get a first tooth til 6-7 months.. it could also be a growth spurt and a baby putting their hands in their mouth is not only for teething, it the one of the only ways they are able to show discomfort besides just crying.. good luck...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• okay thank you!
    Mommy2Bailey910

Comment by Mommy2Bailey910 (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• mine is doing the same thing. No teeth though.
    LittleD96

Answer by LittleD96 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i agree, my lil girl started her teething at 2 months but it wasnt until she was nearly 9 months that her 1st tooth broke through...o what a fun time teething can be. yours maybe too small{your choice} but my lil girl picked up a pickle about this time and that was her fav thing to teeth on
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• DS started teething at 3 months...got his first tooth at 4 months & kept going like a champ with teeth. He had a full mouth by a year old. As much as it sucks to have them go through it so young, it is comforting that they could get it over with fast! Good luck!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• my twins got their first teeth before they were 3 months old. perfectly normal.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• IT absoutetly could be the case, I don't know for sure if that's what it is. But, all you can do is give him or her some tyneol or ibupofen. And bring on the teething toys!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• It could be. My son started cutting teeth at three months.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 5:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Mine had 7 teeth by 7 months so I agree with everyone it could definately be what's going on. My advice for it tho is to NOT use any of the gum numbing stuff. It only relieves the pain for a few minutes and it can actually cause there gums to harden making it more painful when the little bugger does pop threw. teething rings a frozen wash cloth or even frozen veggies work wonders.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010