EDD - Looked For Work? X - Yes, but submit with contacts list empty that week?

Received EDD automatic extension, this time with the X in the box requiring I list application attempts.
Since I made no contacts during the two weeks listed,
seems I should say [Yes] but leave the list empty.
What I do *not* want to do is lie, that is, invent applications.
Seems honest enough to say Yes, I looked (mandatory anyway)
(Tried to call EDD but wow, what a convoluted protracted ordeal, finally had to disconnect)
Question: Is it best to check [Yes] but leave contact list empty?

Iryna07

Asked by Iryna07 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• You have to look and show proof to keep your checks coming and they don't mark yes normally so you should just mark no your self, send it in and start looking before they suspend your checks.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't mark no, because you won't get checks anymore. Just lie this time, one time is not going to hurt anybody. Make sure you put at least one employment agency and try to search for jobs. Good luck
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If you mark no your checks will stop. Submit the proper number of application right away so at least you are honestly giving examples of where you really did look for employment. Even if the timing is slightly off.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Someone told me never to mark as 'No' [Did you look for work?] because that is automatic discontinuation. (bureaucracy)
    Thank you for your response, this is exactly what I need to know from someone's real experience.
    Iryna07

Comment by Iryna07 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Bratgirln- The problem is that the dates have already passed and if she put something in and it gets an audit she will lose all assistance. I know from expeireince that 1 no and nothing written in will not stop her checks. The only reason it would is if she is on watch for not trying in the past to find a job and has already had warnings.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i did mark no and i still got my check. All the rest were full of apps from before the no and even after untill I found a job.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• How hard is it to apply to ten jobs on Monster?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I guess I learned something new myself. Thanks DonnaPinitonya
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• What is EDD an abbreviation for?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010