is inhaling dog feces/urine harmful while pregnant?

ok, i have a question........

is there any danger from inhaling dog feces/urine while pregnant? i'm wondering b/c we had major flooding awhile back and my 2 dogs had to stay in the garage at night (they are outside dogs) for the period where it was raining nonstop. of course in the middle of the night when they had to go to the bathroom, they went anywhere in the garage. now we are trying to get the garage cleaned up. i'm not 100% sure that i am pregnant but just in case, i wanted to know if this would cause any danger to myself in early pregnancy. thanks for any help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You should stay away from all animal feces when pregnant. Some are more harmful than others due to different ammonia levels, but all have the potential to be harmful on some level.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• No its not going to hurt your baby
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 7:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I know for sure that cat urine/feces can be harmful and fatal to an unborn baby. As far as dog, I'm not too sure. I have both cats and a dog, so I just steer clear of all of it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Cat feces can carry toxoplasmosis, which is why you have to avoid it during pregnancy (if you get it can cause major birth defects in the baby). Inhaling pet urine probably won't do much for holding in your lunch, but it won't harm the baby. If you're truly concerned, ask your doctor, and try to have someone else do the major poo-picking-up jobs while you're pregnant.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2008