Potty-training

My son is 4 yrs old, and I am trying hard to get him to be fully potty trained, he does really well at first and does great for about a month or so and then wants nothing to do with it, and goes back and forth, and its driving me nuts, I know to have patience, and I have done the stickers, and the books, and big boy underwear, and I even was bribing him with money and he is stubborn and I dont know what else to do, help me please!

Army108th

Asked by Army108th at 5:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• One mom on here said she put her child's favorite thing, or a new toy, (can't remember which) out of reach and told him he could have it once he started using the potty. It might be enough to push him over the line. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I know this is not what you want to hear, but just relax. I would not bribe him ever. Don't turn this into something you will negotiate. This is one battle you will not win until he is ready. I would be calm, dont scold etc. BUT, if he messes at this age, gently give him wipes, and clean things, and have him "clean up" after himself, most kids don't like this at all.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010