Does anyone else not get really big bellies with their pregnancies?

This is my 2nd baby, i'm 36 weeks, and still not very big, I didn't get big with my first one either, in fact he only weighed 4lbs and 14 oz and he wasn't a premature either, not sure why but it seems like I always have tiny babies.

prettymama0607

Asked by prettymama0607 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lucky, with my first I started showing at 3 months and everyone thought I was having twins and I really only gained all baby, no extra weight.. 25 lbs..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• no, i was pretty big and miserable. consider yourself lucky :) hehe
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I was HUGE, but my best friend barely showed at all, and I think her baby was a little over 6lbs... Everybody is different.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• With my first I gained 18lbs. With my second I gained about 30. With both I never looked past a normal woman at 6 months. With the first, I was wearing shirts that showed my belly until I was 5 months and people didn't know I was pregnant. I also was able to put on my normal pre-pregnancy jeans home from the hospital both times. Most women hate me. LOL
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I did not get really big.... I gained 20 pounds total and my mom and brother were ALWAYS giving me such a hard time about needing to feed the baby and that I wasn't gaining enough weight. I was able to get back into my regular jeans about a week after giving birth. I just felt you aren't really eating for two... one of you is a tiny little thing! (I did eat though!) And I think it is much more unhealthy to eat like a pig and gain a ton of weight... not to mention its so much easier to get the weight off if there isn't that much to lose. ??
    hollysybb

Answer by hollysybb at 6:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I didn't get big - I'm tiny to begin with, though.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I didnt get really big with any of my pregnancies. My 1st was 5lb 11oz My 2nd was 6lb 3oz and my 3rd was 6lb 12oz
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 5:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2010