when someone shares a secret with you and asks you not to tell ANYONE...do you still tell your dh?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• yes. I have warned my 2 girl friends that anything they tell me will most likely be told to my husband as well.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My husband still shares it with me - I however filter it depending on if he knows that person or if it would affect his view or if He'd make constant comments.. we are completely different personality types so that sometimes makes up my mind.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• sometimes. depends on the situation. If i do, i'm always sure to tell him to keep it between us just so he doesn't go and tell anyone.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Me..

No.. It is not my place to share someone else's secrets. Even with my husband.. If that person wanted my husband to know their secret, they would have shared with him or said it was okay for me to do so. If the person has asked me not to tell/share with anyone, I respect their wishes and keep it to myself.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• yes i always tell him..not to breaking the i promise i wont tell rule..but he is a neutral person.sorta a listneing ear for me when im trying to sort out the lies,the what makes sense an what doesnt in the story im being told..also when they tell me the same story later sometimes ppl tend to add a lil and take a lil from the story they already told u..so i be needing someone to talk it over with..just to make sure i remember the story sounding like that the 1st go round..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 5:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Very rarely. If it's uber personal, no way. But if it's something like "I've cheated on my husband so many times" like a former friend of mine did/is doing..I tell my Husband, cause, well - I would positively explode if I didn't tell someone! lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Depends on what it is. He doesn't need to know about their medical issues, for instance, or fashion emergencies, but most things I do share with him. I've told my kids that, too.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Depends here, too.

Sometimes I tell because my dh is a REAL prayer warrior and sometimes extra prayer is an amazing thing.

If its not something someone would feel comfortable about him knowing, nope. I keep it to myself.
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It REALLY depends. A good friend of mine told me that she thinks of other men while in bed. I'm not going to tell DH this, it would piss him off & he would not like her as much since he is friends with her DH.

I have said before "Don't tell me anything i can't tell my husband" Because, sometimes it's hard. He's my best friend & i share just about everything with him.

With that being said, there have been times where i did not tell DH things that a friend has told me. I know when a secret is real & needs to be kept secret & there are also certain things that DH would not care to know about anyway.

But, i guess i am guilty of sharing some superficial information when someone asked to keep a secret. If it's not deep & dark, i might tell my DH.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010