would you be jealous if your parents or inlaws had more pics of the other kids than your kids?

my SIL just admitted this to my MIL. She said she and my dh's brother were upset because the inlaws had more pics of us in the house than them..and more pics of my son (who isnt even blood to them).....all i would like to say is...i GIVE them pics...she doesnt. They live across the country and arent even able to take pics of them so what the hell does she expect? What a crazy bitch.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm sorry but I arrgee with your SIL..... However if she actually does not send pics and your MIL isnt taking them then not so much. But MY MIL does this with her GREAT NEPHEW LMAO She sees him more, takes more pics gives him bigger gifts SHES crazy!!!! LOL I just have to tell myself SHES the one whos missing out on two AWESOME kids!!!
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Me personally.

No.. I know for a fact my parents and my inlaws both have more pics of my nieces/nephews than they do of my son. Doesn't bother me.

Of course., To be fair........... My parents/inlaws see their other grandchildren far far more than they do mine as well (my family lives halfway across the country from us and my inlaws live in India)... And I have never been big on taking/sending pics to family.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes, it has hurt before.

But, one day my MIL said "Gosh, they keep sending me all these frames pictures & i just don't know what to do with them anymore! I don't want to hurt them by not putting them up" She then confided in me that she puts up some of their pics when she knows they are coming over. I never send MIL pics. I will giver her a few, but i'm not the type to send pics in frames & expect anyone to hang them up. So, after we had that converation, i felt a little better.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes I would be hurt. So I take it upon myself (since my Mom & MIL are not picture takers themselves) to personally blow up photos of my Son to 8x10. I do it on my computer then I go to Walmart & buy 11x14 frames with a matte and put the photo in myself. I give them as gifts to my Parents & inlaws. Instead of getting mad at her, give her this idea to do it herself, then if you MIL does not display it then there is something wrong. But why wouldn't she?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I can see being upset if it's really blatant. My ILs are really blatant about this... we give them pics of the kids and then we never see them displayed (actually, I found one- in the master bathroom, where no one ever goes... the others seem to have just disappeared.) My MIL also lost the pics she got from our wedding- she forgot it at an acquaintance's house years ago, and then because this acquaintance annoys her she never went back to pick them up. However, her living room is COVERED with pictures of BIL/SILs wedding. There's at least seven or eight in that room alone- and it's a small room. That kind of 'in your face' nature of it does hurt... especially since I know that she has always favoured BIL over dh, favours SIL over me, and will definitely favour their kids over ours if they end up having children.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My in-laws always had just as many pictures of a friend's girls as they did their own grandchildren when I met them. I think they still do. Although, they probably have more of my kids now because my kids live just a few minutes away in the same city. My SILs live overseas and rarely sent them pictures.

I wouldn't be upset because I knew who they were going into this.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would be upset.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 7:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would certainly notice, but no I would not be jealous.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010