Anyone have information about a blood clot behind the placenta???

I AM 17 WEEKS PREGNANT. I STARTED TO BLED REAL BAD AT 12 WEEKS AND WAS TOLD I HAD A BLOOD CLOT BEHIND THE PLACENTA. WHEN I WAS 15 WEEKS I STARTED TO BLEED A LOT MORE AND THOUGHT I WAS GONNA LOSE THE BABY. THE DOCOTOR TOLD ME I WAS AT A HIGH RISK OF A MISCARRIAGE, BUT THE FUTHER I WENT IN THE PREGNANCY I HAD A BETTER CHANCE OF MAKING IT THROUGH. THERE JUST ISN'T MUCH INFO OUT THERE ABOUT IT. ANY ANSWER WOULD BE THANKFUL.

meme_baby2011

Asked by meme_baby2011 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I typed in a blood clot behind the placenta on google and it returned 91,700 results
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My friend hope is going through that right now. The clot started to get smaller & smaller, but she is still on bed rest. There isn't much info out there about it, you're right. If it makes you feel any better, she is 7 months & doing well. Looks like she will keep her baby after all that worry. Her clot grew real big too in the beginning...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have this right now, a 4 cm clot between placenta and uterus and at 8 wks..baby is fine...but still worried. Please keep me updated! I'll do the same!
    Erzy

Answer by Erzy at 11:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Did you doctos do a pelvic exam? Mine did one today and told me it was closed and that imwouldnt be miscarriaging anytime soon.....just a thought...
    Erzy

Answer by Erzy at 11:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• TO KEEP EVERYONE INFORMED ON WHAT'S GOIN ON. I WAS OUT AT THE HOSPITAL TODAY. I HAD STARTED TO BLEED LIKE RUNNING WATER. I NOW HAVE BLOOD CLOTS COMMING OUT. THE TOLD ME MY BLOOD CLOT IS 3.3 CM. THEY CHECKED THE BABY AND HE OR SHE WAS FINE WITH A HEARTBEAT 162. I GO SEE ME DOC. TOMORROW HOPE HE HAS A LITTLE MORE INFO ON WHY THE BLOOD CLOTS ARE COMMING OUT. THEY SAY I AM AT A HIGH RISK OF MISCARRIAGING. THEY HAVE ME ON BED REST BUT NOT COMPLETE. THEY WANT ME TO WALK AROUND A LITTLE SO I DON'T GET BLOOD CLOTS IN MY LEGS. THEY DON'T WANT ME RIDING IN A CAR UNLESS I HAVE TO. THEY TOLD ME THAT THE BUMPS COULD MAKE IT WORSE. LET YOU GUYS KNOW MORE TOMORROW. PLEASE KEEP US IN MIND AND PRAYS. THANKS A LOT. MUCH LOVE TO ALL OF YOU GOING THROUGH THIS. I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL.
    meme_baby2011

Comment by meme_baby2011 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2010