Heartrate

Is the heartrate for girls usually higher then boys when they are in utero?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that's what i've heard..but it wasn't true for me! my oldest daughter had her heartrate in the 160s and my youngest daughter's was always in the 120-130s.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes thats what they say, but it didnt work for me either! My first was 120s and they said boy but she was a GIRL and my secon was high 160s and they said girl, but guess what he was a BOY!!! Its an old wives tale
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Supposedly if it's above 150 it's a girl...but that's just what they say....
    Erzy

Answer by Erzy at 11:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Generally yes this is true BUT lots of people will also say it's wrong! It's an old wives tale that is sometimes right as is what generally happens with old wives tales.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 1:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• with my DS his HB was always in the 180's and this one is in the 140's the dr said my DS was a girl cause the HB and the dr this time says this one is a boy cause the HB but i think he will be wrong... (just mothers instinct there)
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 5:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2010