Teaching Privacy

So I was thinking as I sat on the toilet and my almost 2yr old just walked in (like he normally does).
Is it too early to teach a 2yr old to knock before going into the bathroom, or a bedroom? I don't care that he sees me in the bathroom and shower. What I'm concerned with is if things are ok at home, he wants to do them everywhere. He's started the peeking under the stall or trying to open the door in public bathrooms already. So I have been asking him to knock on mommy's bathroom before he comes in. What do you all think?
(btw he'll be 2 in 2 weeks and if you only knew the things this child does and understands haha)

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD is recently 2 and she knows privacy- as soon as you question it you teach it. : 0 Start with knocking, explain why. Repetitive like anything else with children
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 6:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm in the habit of locking the bathroom door whenever I'm in there, so my 26 month old HAS to knock if he wants to come in, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Ya repetitive is definite! Luckily he catches on well. Glad I'm on the right track I suppose hehe

oh and we don't have a lock, or well even a doorknob on the bathrooms yet. The house is like a work in progress. Those are apparently on the bottom of the list right now lol
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• When I bought my house, it was definitely a fixer upper, but that was one of the first things I did, heh. I'm weird about that, I seriously would be constipated if I couldn't close/lock the door. Preferably, I'd like everybody in the house to be as far away as possible, too... :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• LOL nice! I think DH still likes to deny he poops. But I bout air freshener he just about refuses to use (says he forgets) so when he leaves the bathroom. Im like umm.....spray? He gets all embarrassed. I just don't want to have to smell it! lol
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010